[GRASS-user] v.in.gpsbabel: GRASS cannot find gpsbabel

C. H. Roosevelt chr at bu.edu
Sat Jun 3 05:29:17 EDT 2006

To whomever can help:

I am in the field and am trying to use v.in.gpsbabel to import
waypoints and tracks as vpoints and vlines respectively. I am using
Grass 6.1, Lorenzo's 060506 cvs on MacOS10.4.6.

When I use this command:
"v.in.gpsbabel input/users/chr/gisdata/gpx/060601SU.gpx
output=060601SU format=gpx -t"

I get this error message:
"v.in.gpsbabel: The gpsbabel program was not found, please install it
first.
        http://gpsbabel.sourceforge.net"

However, I have MacGPSBabel v1.2.5 installed. How do I get Grass to
"see" MacGPSBabel?? Or what am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance for any help, and apologies for lack of speedy
Chris

C. H. Roosevelt
Archaeology Department
Boston University