[GRASS-user] viewing a postgis db

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Tue Jun 6 11:01:30 EDT 2006

Hey all,

I have a multi table postgis db that I would like to view, manipulate
and analyze in grass. Can anyone tell me the preferred method to get
this data into grass? ie (v.in.ogr, v.in.db)?

One of the issues is that the geometry is in one table, while the
interesting data is in another table. The other issue is that the
postgis database is continually being updated... I set up php forms
that connect to the database which students use to add data.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this are much appreciated.

Kirk