[GRASS-user] Compilation error in tonight's CVS

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Jun 7 02:00:35 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 11:55:42PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> I just tried building CVS grass after a few weeks of not updating.  I'm
> on FreeBSD 5.4.
>
> The error is in lib/gis/error.c, a complaint about an inconsistent definition
> of write_error that doesn't match the prototype in the declaration earlier.
>
> static int write_error (const char *, const int, const char *,
>                         const int, const char *);

Oops.  The original is actually:

 static int write_error (const char *, const int, const char *,
                         const long, const char *);

but the point is the same.  that should be "const time_t" not "const long"
so that declaration and definition match even on systems where time_t isn't
actually a typedef for "long".

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236  SKCC#2002