[GRASS-user] SRTM v2 contains 1/2 pixel error in original dataset

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 02:42:31 EDT 2006

FYI, I just spotted this undated announcement on the USGS Seamless page:

"(SRTM 'Finished') The SRTM 'finished' elevation dataset contains a half
pixel shift. This is currently in process of being corrected. Caution
should be used when doing analysis with this dataset."

http://seamless.usgs.gov

I see no mention or further details on the JPL site.

Hamish

ps- now that I have your attention, a big thanks to Huidae Cho for
adding 3DFACE support to v.in.dxf!