[GRASS-user] Problem with Nviz : first post

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jun 9 12:29:00 EDT 2006

We also have GRASS working fine with Fedora Core 4. We haven't yet upgraded
to 5. Given that Fedora is the open/cutting edge/kind of experimental
version of Red Hat, I've been reluctant to upgrade right away until others
with more time and experience have had a chance to work out the bugs.

If you want stable, I'd recommend Red Hat, FC4, Debian or others. Being on
the cutting edge can be fun and frustrating.

For different reasons, I also strongly recommend using 6.1 cvs version of
GRASS. Many things have been upgraded and fixed between 6.0 and 6.1. GRASS
tends to be very conservative in releasing stable versions. 6.1 may be more
reliable on current systems than 6.0 for this reason. It certainly works
better in most respects.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University