freeGIS is better (was: Re: [GRASS-user] Problem with Nviz : first post)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Jun 11 03:46:10 EDT 2006

Please consider, however, that if you're ready to invest, say 50% of what you
invest in your Mircosoft+ESRI+whatever licences, you'll get a system that is
more reliable, stable, and advanced, than others. Of course, if you don't
invest (either time to learn, or money to have support for the
installation/configuration/feature enhancement/bug fixing problems you may
have), you may end up not getting very much.
Don't assume free software is something not worth/necessary to invest in. It's
rather obvious to many of us, but sometimes is good to repeat: think of free
as free thinking, not as free beer.
All the best.
pc

At 23:52, sabato 10 giugno 2006, Jesse Hamner has probably written:

--
Paolo Cavallini
email+jabber: cavallini at faunalia.it
www.faunalia.it