[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1097] r.sim.water memory bug?

Jonathan Greenberg jgreenberg at arc.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 13 14:51:27 EDT 2006

When I boot r.sim.water via cygwin as follows: r.sim.water &, my page file
usage spikes to over 2gb, settling down around 1.5gb once the GUI loads up
-- 1.5gb for firing up the gui seems a bit odd to me, since I'm not even
running the model itself at this point.  Any ideas?  I have a 3ghz machine
with 1.5GB ram onboard, and grass 6.1-cvs (latest and greatest) from cygwin.
None of the other guis seem to cause this behavior...

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
NRC Research Associate