[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1102] v.distance user error

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 07:44:56 EDT 2006

when i run the v.distance command i get this error, "WARNING:  coor files of
vector 'pseudolink2 at PERMANENT' is larger than it should be (14 bytes
excess)."

i'm hoping to build an output file of lines, that connect my "from" dataset
(points) to the "to" dataset (lines/roads).

upon browsing the output data, it seems like it built the lines.  but there
is a scrolling, repeated error in the output box for the command "Column
'distance' not found"  "Error in db_execute_immediate()"

I did specify upload=dist and column=distance.

Do i have to add the distance colum to the points and/or lines before hand?
it seems so, but i would have thought the distance would have been
calculated into the output file?