[GRASS-user] Success getting Grass running thanks to Ubuntu

Ian Allan iallan at geocode.com.au
Fri Jun 16 01:44:29 EDT 2006

Hi

Some may recall my plea for help last week. Finally I managed to compile
under fedora 5, but still NVIZ woudl not work. I saw a couple of posts
referring to Ubuntu linux and figuring I had nothing to lose I did a
clean install of Ubuntu. I followed the instructions at
http://help.nceas.ucsb.edu/index.php/GRASS_6_on_Ubuntu  and had
immediate success. For new grass / linux   users I could not recommend
this path more highly.

Many thanks to all those who helped.

Ian Allan

--

Ian Allan
Director Geocode Mapping and Analysis P/L

Email: iallan at geocode.com.au
Web: www.geocode.com.au