[GRASS-user] r.proj error

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jun 21 12:25:39 EDT 2006

gary wrote:

> I've compiled Grass 6.1. The r.proj at the lower resolution worked fine
> (Hamish's tip to prevent a 80GByte file!). The r.los bombed. Here are
> some of the warning messages:
> WARNING: segment_seek: Invalid argument
> WARNING: Failed seek in segment file for index = 240605900 n = 12 at
>           col:row 0:201054

200,000 rows?

If the number of columns is anywhere near that figure, the segment
file will be >2Gb, which probably won't work unless you configured
GRASS with the --enable-largefile option (it may not even work then;
it depends whether anyone has actually tested r.los with large file
support enabled).