[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1121] GIS-> GRASS translation page up and running [v.what.rast]

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 14:47:40 EDT 2006

On Monday 19 June 2006 16:06, Jonathan Greenberg wrote:
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GIS_to_GRASS_command_translation
>
> I decided to make the page a bit more open to other GIS packages, so if you
> use something besides ESRI this is the place to put your info as well --
> note that I have two levels of the Discussion on wiki, the software and the
> command.  If you edit this please put the GIS command (and within-page
> link) and the basic GRASS command in the quick reference table, but in the
> discussion copy the table from the LATTICESPOT to put the full GIS command
> (with all of the input/output variables) and the full grass command (or
> commands in a numbered list if you need > 1 grass command to replicate the
> other software's feature) with all of the grass inputs/outputs (using the
> same variable names, when possible).  You should include a "Discrepancies"
> section (bulleted) if there are any differences between the GIS software
> command and GRASS's.

Nice job Jonathan.

A bit off topic, but noticed that v.what.rast is using nearest neighbor
interpolation by default. If I remember correctly Markus moved such sampling
functionality into a standard GRASS library, so it shouldn't be too hard to
setup v.what.rast to support NN,bilinear,cubic convolution ...

Maybe I will check into this when I have a chance.

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis