[GRASS-user] HEC-RAS

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Tue Jun 27 15:04:50 EDT 2006

I'm trying to get geared up to do flood plain modeling with HEC_RAS. I
have a vector layer of the drainage channel and its banks. I need to
make a set of cross section line segments, such that each segment is
perpendicular to the channel line, and long enough to cross both banks.
These cross sections should be spaced at regular intervals along the
channel line, say every 100 m. Any hints how to proceed?

Does anyone know if any work has been done to use GRASS to interface
directly with HEC_RAS? (there is a GeoRAS plugin for Arcview).

Thanks,