[GRASS-user] Grass Book

Vishal Mehta vishalm1975 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 03:11:32 EDT 2006

Markus, Helena,

I have been stalling on buying your book for one reason only- the vector
stuff changed between Grass 5.x and Grass 6.

I'm assuming your new edition (3/07) will include Grass6 and examples based
on new vector things?

I have definitely been struggling with vector in Grass, especially with the
database part, and the interactions between vector and raster (e.g.
efficiently extracting raster data from multiple rasters corresponding to a
vector layer). Any chance your new edition will ahve examples on these
aspects?

Thanks,
vishal