[GRASS-user] i.spectral and gnuplot

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 03:23:33 EDT 2006

Stuart Edwards wrote:

> After fearing for my sanity, I think I may have found the problem.
> The script in Lorenzo's binary distribution is not the same as the
> one that you pointed me to in spite of identical headers.  Attached
> 'i.spectral' is from the distribution, 'i.spectral2' is the script at
>   <http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/grass6/scripts/
> i.spectral/i.spectral?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain>
> The differences start at about line 51.

you seem to have a version older than 11 May. here is the history:

http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/scripts/i.spectral/i.spectral

> Tomorrow I'll have a crack at this again using the correct version!
> Gnuplot does open on command from the shell and GRASS_GNUPLOT = /sw/
> bin/gnuplot.

try

GRASS_GNUPLOT="/sw/bin/gnuplot -persist"
export GRASS_GNUPLOT
i.spectral

if /sw/bin/ is in your $PATH, then you don't need any of this.
does "which gnuplot" work from the terminal prompt?

perhaps add to ~/.grass.bashrc:

GRASS_ADDON_PATH=/sw/bin
export GRASS_ADDON_PATH

Hamish