[GRASSLIST:10713] Re: Viewing raster maps a native resolution

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 10:11:49 EST 2006

I'd like to hear how people do poster-size output myself. So far, I've
done mostly figure-sized output and d.out.png is fine for that. You
can set up the monitor to roughly a multiple size of what you need.
Then use d.out.png to export the monitor to a PNG file. Finally, add
the map decorations necessary for your map in Inkscape or Gimp. On my
(physical) monitor I can stretch the Xmonitor out to about 1200
pixles. d.out.png res=2 will double that, so I have a png file with
2400 pixels on a side. At 300 dpi that is an 8-inch figure (high-res
publication). At 150 dpi, which is good enough for most plotters, that
is a picture 16 inches across. I don't know how to go larger than that
for a full-sized poster.

David

--
David Finlayson