[GRASSLIST:10730] Re: Viewing raster maps a native resolution

Nick Cahill ndcahill at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 3 16:51:47 EST 2006

I tend to use r.out.tif to convert the map to a full-resolution tiff
file, and then do further work in Photoshop or some other image-
manipulation program. You may have to rescale your values to 0-255 to
get this to work properly.

Cheers,

Nick Cahill

On Mar 3, 2006, at 8:21 PM, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> On Friday 03 March 2006 09:08 am, Maciek Sieczka wrote:
>> On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 07:11:49 -0800
>>
>> "David Finlayson" <david.p.finlayson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'd like to hear how people do poster-size output myself. So far,
>>> I've
>>> done mostly figure-sized output and d.out.png is fine for that. You
>>> can set up the monitor to roughly a multiple size of what you need.
>>> Then use d.out.png to export the monitor to a PNG file. Finally, add
>>> the map decorations necessary for your map in Inkscape or Gimp.
>>> On my
>>> (physical) monitor I can stretch the Xmonitor out to about 1200
>>> pixles. d.out.png res=2 will double that, so I have a png file with
>>> 2400 pixels on a side. At 300 dpi that is an 8-inch figure (high-res
>>> publication). At 150 dpi, which is good enough for most plotters,