[GRASSLIST:10771] Re: SRTM data transformation

Ian MacMillan Ian.MacMillan at pomona.edu
Mon Mar 6 15:07:03 EST 2006

Wolfgang, import with r.in.srtm or r.in.gdal depending on the original
format.  Set up your new location with your desired ellipsoid, and use
r.proj from your new location.

Hope this helps,
Ian

On Mar 6, 2006, at 10:42 AM, Wolfgang Zillig wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> does anybody know, how I can transfer a SRTM file to an other
> ellipsoid? My target region is within MGI-M31 (EPSG 31285)
>
> Many thanks
>

> Wolfgang

What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we
can assume it will be pretty bad.
  - Dave Barry