[GRASSLIST:10787] Re: How can I reduce the loading time of GRASS-layers in UMN Mapserver

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 03:44:46 EST 2006

GRASS does not save spatial index in file becouse it
occupied too much space and spatial index is used only occasionly.
So spatial index could make it slower but 6 times seems too much.

My guess is that it is caused by attributes. Try to go to the
vector directory in GRASS and rename temporarily 'dbln' file.

Also for testing to avoid the difference between nature
of topological and SF format try to test with points or lines.

Radim