[GRASSLIST:10810] Re: How to extract polygons from vector map

Michael Rensing michael.rensing at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 8 01:02:54 EST 2006

Aha! A slightly better way. r.contour seems to create a unique category
for each altitude, but all contours at that altitude have the same
category, which was part of my problem. Your suggestion to use
v.category to add a sequence of unique cat values should do the trick
nicely. Thanks very much.

Regards,
Michael