[GRASSLIST:10822] Re: v.in.ascii error

Pierluig De Rosa sisma66 at tiscali.it
Wed Mar 8 10:08:40 EST 2006

Alle 15:19, mercoledì 8 marzo 2006, hai scritto:
> On 08.03.2006, at 14:47, Pierluig De Rosa wrote:
> >  My ascii file have three columns (x coordinates, y coordinates,
> > ppm value)
> > with fields separator "|" (pipe).
> > v.in.ascii input=/home/pierluigi/Desktop/zinc output=zinc
> > format=point fs=|
>
> The | is interpreted by the shell as a pipe command.
> Try fs='|' or, better, a different character as field separator (','
> or a tab)
I tried fs='|' , but also changing the fields separator i have the same error:
DBMI-DBF driver error:
SQL parser error in statement:
create table zinc ( cat integer, 'x double precision, y double precision, ppm
double precision' )
Error in db_execute_immediate()

ERROR: Cannot create table: create table zinc ( cat integer, 'x double
       precision, y double precision, ppm double precision' )

> Flo.
>

> Florian Kindl
> Dept. of Geography
> University of Innsbruck, Austria

I think the error is in dbf driver error (??) but can anyone tell me more?
--

Pierluigi De Rosa

Department of Enviromental & Civil engineering
Faculty of Engineering
Perugia (Italy)