[GRASSLIST:67] Re: making a "true-color" landsat composite

Ian MacMillan Ian.MacMillan at pomona.edu
Mon Mar 13 23:03:55 EST 2006

Dylan, are you sure that you used 3,2,1?  Could it be that another band
is accidentally subbed in?  If not, what I usually do with my landsat
images if they look funky is to use d.histogram (or whatever that is
now) to look at the color ramp.  I then stretch the colors with
r.recode.

An alternate method is to average bands 2 and 4 using r.mapcalc and
then using that in the green channel.  It tends to make 'true' color
images a bit more vibrant.

Hope that helps,
Ian