[GRASSLIST:74] Re: Creating axis of a river

Luca Casagrande luca.casagrande at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 05:23:48 EST 2006

Alle 01:05, martedì 14 marzo 2006, Hamish ha scritto:

Hi Hamish!

> alternate (still raster step) solution:
>
> Change lines to boundaries (v.type); load into v.digit and make lines
> into a closed area, add a centroid. Make sure centroid has a category
> number (v.category). Then v.to.rast, r.thin, r.to.vect.

I am following this way, and the solution it's very nice (another point for
GRASS! ). Here you can see the output at 1m resolution:

http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=schermorast73iv.png

The solution is very nice for 2D, but they told me to add manual Z values to
the points.
For this i was planning to create 2 differents file vector file for
each,converting lines to points, do the average between the Z values and
assign to the axis..

What do you think?

Luca
--
"E' molto più bello sapere qualcosa di tutto, che tutto di una cosa (Blaise
Pascal)."

GENTOO-GIS Development Team
jabber: casagrande at jabber.linux.it