[GRASSLIST:77] how to link vector point data(40 points) with corresponding 40 text files of time series data?

Vishal Mehta vishalm1975 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 06:10:21 EST 2006

Hi,

I need some help in doing something that should be fairly simple - but i'm
not familiar with postgresql.

i have:
- a GRASS  file of some 40 points which are met. stations in India.
v.db. select gives the following info FYI(subset)

cat|INDEX|STATION|LONG|LAT
1|43296|Bangalore|77.666389|12.949722
2|43197|Belgaum|74.505556|15.847222
3|43205|Bellary|76.917222|15.137500
4|43125|Bidar|77.333333|18.083333
5|43259|Balehonnur|75.464658|13.35130

- i also have corresponding for each point, a text file which contains 10
years of meteor0logical data.

what i ultimately want to do:
1. Link each file to each point;
2. So that i can extract any slice of data for all stations; and make either
individual vector maps; interpolate the same;  calculate derived variables
and create new columns; get monthly sums from daily; and related
operations...

I've looked up online for individual v.* and d.* commands that seem to be
related, but dont quite know how to go about it.
Can someone provide a simple algorithm to follow? I assume that i have to
link the 'cat' identifier somehow to each file?

thanks!
vishal