[GRASSLIST:89] psmap

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Tue Mar 14 11:32:47 EST 2006

I am considering using ps.map for producing some maps for publication
but ps.map doesn't do process colours. Is there some library or
software that could be used to change the colour tables to cmyk after
the fact?

I know that many people use GMT for this kind of thing but I deeply
dislike it because it is cryptic and a pain in the ass to setup. I would
probably rather patch pslib and ogr together into something useful
before resorting to using GMT.

I need something I can script as this is for producing somewhere from
300 - 900 maps.

I suppose I should look at the psmap code. Perhaps it would be possible
to add in cmyk support that way.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)