[GRASSLIST:126] Re: making a "true-color" landsat composite

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Mar 15 03:56:57 EST 2006

Glad to hear that i.landsat.rgb works well.

I sort of hesitate to add it to CVS since it could be
"easily" added to r.colors.

I cc to grass-dev to seek for a solution. The only
real missing function in the C library is the possibility
to calculate percentiles from a channel histogram.

Wolf was working on that (percentiles in r.univar) but
apparently it's not complete. The approach could be:

- implement percentiles and related stats in C (gmath?)
- add percentiles to r.univar
- add percentiles to v.univar
- remove r.univar.sh as no longer needed
- remove v.univar.sh as no longer needed
- implement method in r.colors (the LANDSAT color trick is
  to take away 2% of the histogram area from top and bottom)

Having this long term wish "percentiles" implemented in C
would in fact solve a couple of problems (duplicated modules).

I really hope that we can find another capable to help Wolf
(if he's still available).

Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it