[GRASSLIST:133] Extract local maxima and minima from DEM?

Duffy, Garret duffy at gsca.nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Mar 15 10:31:27 EST 2006

Hello Grass-Grazers,

I would like to know if anyone has attempted to extract morphometric
quantities (asymmetry, height, spacing, form factor, sinuosity) from DEMs
with sand dunes.

I've developed such code in C before and am about to develop something
similar in GRASS but I was wondering if anyone out there has attempted
something already in GRASS (I am a new GRASS user).

Also, are there any routines in GRASS to easily detect topographic edges in
GRASS?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Garret.