[GRASSLIST:183] Re: imagery classification tools for classification of terrian types

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 16:07:11 EST 2006

Markus,

Thanks for the tips. I have been able to get these two commands that you
suggested to work in the past... but this time no luck:

i.gensigset trainingmap=terrain.train group=terrain subgroup=terrain
signaturefile=terrain.sig

Finding training classes ... 100%
3 classes
Reading image data ... 100%
Clustering class 1, with 103499 pixels
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 9 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 8 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 7 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 6 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 5 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 4 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 3 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 2 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 1 remain

Error: unreliable clustering
try a smaller initial number of clusters
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; -1 remain

Error: unreliable clustering
try a smaller initial number of clusters
Subclasses = 0; Rissanen = 0.000000;  Solution: Number of subclasses is 0
Clustering class 2, with 732 pixels
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 9 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 8 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 7 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 6 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 5 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 4 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 3 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 2 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 1 remain

Error: unreliable clustering
try a smaller initial number of clusters
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; -1 remain

Error: unreliable clustering
try a smaller initial number of clusters
Subclasses = 0; Rissanen = 0.000000;  Solution: Number of subclasses is 0
Clustering class 3, with 45545 pixels
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 9 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 8 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 7 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 6 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 5 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 4 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 3 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 2 remain
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; 1 remain

Error: unreliable clustering
try a smaller initial number of clusters
Warning: Removed a singular subsignature; number 1; -1 remain

Error: unreliable clustering
try a smaller initial number of clusters
Subclasses = 0; Rissanen = 0.000000;  Solution: Number of subclasses is 0

.. could this be a result of my training data being too coarse ?

this results in a segfault in i.smap ....

thoughts?

Dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette