[GRASSLIST:193] Re: Question about re-projecting points imported from Postgres

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 00:17:00 EST 2006

If I understand you correctly, you have a table in Postgres that
happens to contain x, y coordinates in addition to other attributes
but is not a PostGIS layer. You were able to convert the X,Y points
into a GRASS vector file (points) using v.in.db AND this new vector
file seems to work in the lat long Location.

Now when you try to project the new vector file into a LCC location it
fails. What is the error you are getting? That seems like it should
work.

As a test, have you tried exporting the postgres table as a csv file
(at least pointid, x and y) and then load the vector with v.in.ascii?
You will be able to link the ID, X,Y CSV file back to the original
postgres attribute table using the ID column. Does this simple vector
file project?

David

--
David Finlayson