[GRASSLIST:210] Re: Bus Error in g.remove

Lorenzo Moretti lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
Fri Mar 17 06:55:59 EST 2006

Hi all

>I thought it had something to do with GDAL.  So, what did Lorenzo
>do?  That should close the two bugs opened on this problem (mine and
>yours, now merged I see).
>

>On Mar 14, 2006, at 1:21 PM, Michael Barton wrote:
>
>>Huidae and Dave,
>>
>>This cropped up on the Mac binaries. I didn't realize that it was
>>affecting the Win binaries too. Lorenzo Moretti solved it. It had
>>to do with changed to how gdal interfaces with GRASS.
>>
>>Michael

I have resolved this problem. I use a gdal very poor of features when
I build grass and I use /usr/local/grasslib without many libs only
linked to gdal. A simple library.

My GDAL configuration for GRASS source in Mac OS X:

./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/grasslib \
--mandir=/usr/local/grasslib/share/man \
--without-python \
--with-threads \
--with-static-proj4=/usr/local/grasslib \
--with-libtiff=internal \
--with-geotiff=internal \
--with-jpeg=internal \
--with-gif=internal \
--with-png=internal \
--with-pg=no

After I build GRASS.

After I put other libs for GDAL and I rebuild a GDAL complete:

At last I build gdal-grass plug-in

The only important missing format in Mac OS X is ECW because it
creates an error in GDAL but the problem is in the ECW library.

The problems in g.* modules are gone.

Bye

||      Lorenzo Moretti        e-mail: lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
||/|/|  ENEA prot/idr          Web: http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/
||   |  via Don Fiammelli, 2   FTP: ftp://ftpamb.bologna.enea.it/ (ris.)
~~~~~~  40128 BOLOGNA - ITALY  Ph: +39-0516098086  Fax: +39-0516098131
ENEA - Ente Nazionale per le Nuove Tecnologie, l'Energia e l'Ambiente
ENEA - The Italian Agency for New Technologies, Energy and the Environment