[GRASSLIST:261] Re: gdal\libgdal

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Mar 20 12:02:42 EST 2006

hello George,

for information what gdal is, have a look at http://www.gdal.org/

for the installation, it depends which linux flavour (Suse, Debian etc.),
version) you use. Normally there are rpm/deb available for each distribution.

Generally you can compile gdal using the source from the above URL and link
GRASS to the gdal location when you compile the GRASS code.  But this might
be a problem if you are new to Linux, however it sounds more intimidating
than it actually is. Just try it and ask if you encounter any problems.

regards, Martin

--
Martin Wegmann

DLR - German Aerospace Center
German Remote Sensing Data Center
@
Dept.of Geography
Remote Sensing and Biodiversity Unit
&&
Dept. of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
University of Wuerzburg
Am Hubland
97074 Würzburg

phone: +49-(0)931 - 888 4797