[GRASSLIST:265] Re: ECW in GDAL

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 19:27:25 EST 2006

On 3/20/06, Julie Tittler <Julie.Tittler at operamail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to export a raster to ECW format? I see that GDAL
> does support both reading and writing to .ECW, but I do not see it as one
> of the file types listed in the file type box. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Julie Tittler

I am not sure how well supported ECW output is in GRASS or on Linux.
One possibility would be to output to a TIIF and then use
gdal_translate to convert to ECW. On Windows, I do it as follows:

gdal_translate -of ECW --config ECW_LARGE_OK YES -co blocksize=64 -co
target=91 source.tif destination.ecw

You can download the GDAL tools, which are a part of FWTools, at:
   http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood