[GRASSLIST:334] Re: GIS library

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Mar 23 08:42:22 EST 2006

Ana Soares wrote:

> Can I use the GIS library functions of GRASS to make a program of my own
> with special purposes ? I mean, does the GIS library contain all functions
> represented by GRASS standard commands ?

libgis is only a small part of GRASS. It includes core functions which
are used by many modules, as well as the interface for reading and
writing raster maps (vector maps are handled by separate libraries).

It doesn't include any analytic functions; analysis is implemented in
the individual modules.

For information on what is included in the main libraries, refer to
the Programmer's Manual:

	http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass61progman/