[GRASSLIST:348] Re: [GRASS5] Re: OSGeo Incubation IRC chat: in 30 minutes from now

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Mar 23 16:18:55 EST 2006

Laurent C. wrote:

> > > I assume that the second point will help with regard to the possibility
> > > of relicensing of GRASS to MIT/X11 as discussed earlier.
> > >

> > What about GPL dependencies used in grass (e.g.FFTW) ?
>
> Since FFTW is not "integrated" in the grass code, I think there is no
> licencing problems.

If you link against a GPL'd library, the resulting binary is a
derivative work of that library and is covered by the GPL.

You can always make the source available under other licences in
addition to the GPL, but you can't withhold the source or only provide
it under terms which preclude redistribution under the GPL.