[GRASSLIST:368] Import jpg with r.in.gdal size problem

Silvia Franceschi silvia.franceschi at ing.unitn.it
Fri Mar 24 13:56:08 EST 2006

Hi everyone,
I have imported some jpg files (230 orthophoto of my region) in GRASS using
the command r.in.gdal. The original size of the data is about 3-5 MB with a
text file of about 150 B. When I import the data in GRASS I obtain files of
75-100 MB and that means too much space to disk.
Do someone know if there is a way to compress them? Now I have a location of
15 GB and I can't manage it.

Please help me...

Thanks,
Silvia
HydroloGIS - Environmental Open Source Solutions
Via Siemens, 19
39100 Bolzano
www.hydrologis.com

Silvia Franceschi