[GRASSLIST:435] Re: Windows-Qgis0.7-has virus

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 28 03:50:26 EST 2006

ThanQ
  Ravi Kumar

Mâris Nartiðs <maris.nartiss at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi,

it's not a bug - its a feature ;)

Your AV software threats file as virus because of double extension
(mpg.exe). Its common trick for email viruses to use windows "feature"
to hide known file extensions and thus fool user about real type of
file. As this is not a virus - av software doesn't know virus name and
cant fix it.

Solution: just add whole QGIS/GRASS directory to white list or fix
broken MS Windows ;)

Maris.