[GRASSLIST:492] Re: maps from scratch

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Mar 31 01:47:00 EST 2006

Anna,

I¹ve been following your queries. IMHO, it would help you a lot if you first
just installed GRASS and worked with it a bit, learning some GIS, instead of
starting out trying to learn C programming with pieces of it. You could go
through some of the tutorials and work with demo data.

In doing this, you would get a much better understanding of how this large
and very complex program handles geospatial data management and analysis. I
think this would ultimately make it much easier to accomplish whatever other
tasks you are trying to do outside the GRASS environment.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Michael

On 3/30/06 9:00 AM, "Ana Soares" <tiobrothercamarada at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> How do I create maps in grass from scratch ?
>
> Imagine I have a set of points, how do I create a map (and its attribute
> table) from scratch ?
>
> Thanks :)

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287