[GRASSLIST:517] Re: NVIZ error

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Mar 31 10:01:05 EST 2006

Wolfgang wrote:

> I also found this message:
>
> NVIZ has not been built with MPEG output support
>
> so it's getting clear why it is not working ;-(( Is compiling NVIZ as
> difficult (for a beginner) as compiling Grass?

NVIZ will be compiled along with the rest of GRASS if the relevant
options are enabled. However, NVIZ has the most dependencies of any
GRASS component, so compiling GRASS with NVIZ may be more work than
compiling without it.

> What do I need do do? Or are there other ways to combine the
> rendered key frames to a movie?

You can output a series of images then generate a movie using a
stand-alone encoder such as ffmpeg.