[GRASSLIST:975] grass.itc.it server migration to new machine

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue May 2 11:41:09 EDT 2006

Dear GRASS community,

this week we want to migrate 'grass.itc.it' to a new
machine. It is likely that the server is down for
1 hour (maybe less, maybe more). The basic problem
is the migration of all mailing lists which requires
to stop the email server for the time of migration.

ITC-irst continues to support the GRASS project.
The good old server is up for 448 days now; we hope
that the new server behaves as well as the old one.

Additional change: Once the new machine is up (same
name, same IP), I want to migrate the GRASS User list
(kindly hosted at Baylor University) to our server to
get control over it. Currently we cannot help with
subsciption issues etc. The plan is to fully enable
the already existing GRASS User list which runs in
background for some years now (to maintain the list
archive - at Baylor no archive are provided). I'll
transfer all subscribers to the IRST based user list,
you will then receive an announcement with password.
Mails to the old Baylor address should still arrive
as our list here is subscribed as user there. Nothing
should get lost.

We try to miminize the outage time and we will announce
once the new server is up & running.

Best regards

 Markus

--