[GRASSLIST:978] GRASS cvs doesn't find gl.h at configure time - Ubuntu Dapper

Stefano Costa steko at iosa.it
Tue May 2 13:20:42 EDT 2006

I'm on Ubuntu Dapper Drake, so I'm quite on an experiment.. I'll be
grateful if you can help me.

I'm not able to get 6.1.cvs configured for compiling as usual. configure
complains about missing the file gl.h

I know it's for OpenGL acceleration, though I don't know if I need it
(nviz needs it, maybe?). However, configure script is right, I haven't
got that file, since I enabled hardware acceleration on my laptop. I
don't know if it's something wrong with package dependencies, but I
cannot get the OpenGL packages installed without removing the Mesa DRI
ones, that's not what I want.

libgl1-mesa-dev installs, among the others, these files:

/usr/include/GL/glx.h
/usr/lib/libGL.so

libglu1-mesa-dev installs too:

/usr/include/GL/glu.h
/usr/lib/libGLU.so

So I don't have any gl.h at all on my machine. To get the thing working,
how should I manage?
And, furthermore, do you think I should file a bug against Ubuntu about
this?

Thank you for your help,

Steko

--
Stefano Costa
http://www.iosa.it Software Open Source per l'Archeologia
Jabber: steko at jabber.linux.it
GnuPG Key ID 1024D/0xD0D30245
Linux Registered User #385969 counter.li.org