[GRASSLIST:1028] patched rasters

Stuart Edwards sedwards2 at cinci.rr.com
Sat May 6 10:24:03 EDT 2006

Hi

Curious problem with r.patch.  I'm patching two topo maps and which
ever one is identified second will appear blurred on the new
composite image (see patch1). However, if I display them
independently on the same monitor, both maps are just fine (see
display1).  It looks like a resolution problem, but the resolution is
constant (10m) in the regions used for the original and patched maps.

Maps were purchased as scanned tif images and georeferenced  using
the lat/long coordinates at the corners (converted to UTM).  The same
coordinates were then used to create a vector 'frame' that was
converted to a mask in order to trim off the edges.  Any help with
cleaning up the patched map would be appreciated.

Stuart