[GRASSLIST:1048] vector map <-> db connection

Stefán István stefi at geohidroterv.hu
Tue May 9 06:51:25 EDT 2006

Hello List!

I have problem connecting a vector map to a database.
I created a vectormap by the v.digit command, and then I would like to add
some information to the digitialized points.

I created a db connection with this command:
GRASS 6.1.cvs (Ferencvaros):~ > v.db.connect -o map=kietmelo_kutak_1
driver=dbf table=kutak1
WARNING: Table <kutak1> does not exist in database
         <$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/>
WARNING: The table <kutak1> is now part of vector map <kietmelo_kutak_1>
         and may be deleted or overwritten by GRASS modules.

Then I tried to add columns, but I got error message:
GRASS 6.1.cvs (Ferencvaros):~ > v.db.addcol map=kietmelo_kutak_1 columns="nev
varchar(10)"
DBMI-DBF driver error:
Table 'kutak1' doesn't exist.
Error in db_execute_immediate()

ERROR: Error while executing: "ALTER TABLE kutak1 ADD COLUMN nev
       varchar(10)
       "
ERROR: Cannot continue (problem to add column).

What did I wrong?

Thanks for the help in advance,
Istvan