[GRASSLIST:1054] v.clean doesn't create dbf

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed May 10 07:10:51 EDT 2006

OK, this maybe a silly one..

I had these maps in old GRASS format, so I converted them. Now I have
two vector maps, one for contours and one for drainage. I want to
calculate a new DEM from the intersections of contours and drainage.
So I did, first v.patch, to put all in one file, then v.clean, to get
the intrsections. Now I want to sample the raster altitude at the
points. I tried v.what.rast, but I get this error msg:

>GRASS_INFO_ERROR(9400,1): Cannot get layer info for vector map

The intersection points vector doesen't have a dbf. How to create one?
Why it wasn't created by GRASS?

So I tought that maybe v.db.connect would create a table if I pointed
one out which doesn't exists, but no, I tells me that the table is not
there and after it tells me that the table is linked with the
vector...

>GRASS_INFO_WARNING(9582,1): Table <intersect> does not exist in
database <$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/>dbf/>

>GRASS_INFO_WARNING(9582,2): The table <intersect> is now part of
vector map <intersect> and may be deleted >or overwritten by GRASS
modules.

>GRASS_INFO_WARNING(9582,3): Select privileges were granted on the table.

Now I have two questions from this: Why GRASS didn't created the table
when I made the intersections from two other vector? How to create
this table?

Thanks

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke