[GRASSLIST:1061] Re: Landsat rectify

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu May 11 03:52:10 EDT 2006

Otto Dassau wrote:

>Am Mittwoch, 10. Mai 2006 16:16 schrieb Ramiro Alvite Díaz:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I would very grateful if someone could tell me how to rectify a Landsat
>>image in GRASS 6.0.2RC4 using a DEM as height sources (i.points3 &
>>i.rectify3 have been removed from this version of GRASS.
>>

>Hi,
>
>you need the module i.ortho.photo for this job...

Unfortunately i.ortho.photo does NOT the job.
In fact the i.points3 & i.rectify3 (along with image3 library) are
highly desired for
GRASS 6 (they need to be ported), but it is most likely that the
satellite ortho
rectification was never complete.

IMHO i.ortho.photo cannot be used because it works on aerial images with
central
projection. Satellite data (line scanners as LANDSAT) are a special case as
you have central projection only line-wise.
For details, see GRASS 5, file src/libes/image3/ltm_ortho.c and others
there.

Markus