[GRASSLIST:1062] Re: v.clean doesn't create dbf

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 05:34:16 EDT 2006

> I had these maps in old GRASS format, so I converted them. Now I have
> two vector maps, one for contours and one for drainage. I want to
> calculate a new DEM from the intersections of contours and drainage.
> So I did, first v.patch, to put all in one file, then v.clean, to get
> the intrsections. Now I want to sample the raster altitude at the
> points.

v.patch can't propigate the table if the input vector's tables aren't
an exact match. Hopefully it keeps the lines' cat numbers though?

use "v.clean tool=break error=intersections" to get the intersection
points as their own map(??), then v.db.addtable or db.execute to create
a new table including a 'column="alt double"' column. (or add the column
later with v.db.addcol). Then you can use v.what.rast to fill in the
values.

good luck,
Hamish