[GRASS-user] Vectorise a raster file

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Sat May 13 09:18:59 EDT 2006

Hi,
I created a raster with the visiblity function, and I wanted to vectorise it.
I used v.to.vect but the result it is not good because there are holes in
area that are fill by color (and have to be empty). I try to use mapcalc to
remove all bad area, i try to remove it by db.execute but, if I list value, I
have for all item value=1 but if I try to display the vector using this sql
statement : value=1, the vector is correctly displaying ! If I export it in
shp the vector is not correct !

To explain the problem, I try to calculate area where we can connect to a wifi
ADSL connection. using aerial datas and SRTM90 usign r.los function.
If the elevation is upper than the aerial, signal is stoped ! So I have to get
holes in area (My location is somewhere in the French alpes).

If you have an idea ...

Y.

Yves Jacolin