[GRASS-user] line thickness

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Tue May 16 17:22:36 EDT 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 10:17:51AM -0700, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 May 2006 05:20, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > */orkun <temiz at deprem.gov.tr>/* wrote:
> > >     hello
> > >
> > >     How can I make a vector line thicker on display (d.vect ???)
> > >
> > >     In the display manager (D.M) just see all that U can achieve,
> > >     includes thickenning vector lines too.
> >
> > d.vect comes with a width= parameter to handle line width.
> >        width   Line width
> >
> > Markus
>
> I wonder how hard it would be to implement line thickness based on an
> attribute .... ?

I just added this feature to CVS, so could you please test if it's working for
you?  There are two new options: wcol= and wscale=. Let's say you have a column
"channel_width" and its values are in meters.

d.vect map=streams width=2 wcol=channel_width wscale=0.05

means that line widths are 0.05 * channel_width and if this value is negative,
the default width (2) will be used.  Please note that the line width column
should be either INTEGER or DOUBLE PRECISION type.

Huidae Cho