[GRASS-user] Promoting GRASS GIS at Where 2.0 - OSGeo initiative

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Wed May 17 01:38:53 EDT 2006

Greetings GRASS users and developers,

Your Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) Promotion and Visibility
Committee has several great opportunities to promote OSGeo projects at the
Where 2.0 conference in June (http://conferences.oreilly.com/where). It's
coming fast and furious and we need your help to promote GRASS GIS.

Our committee (aka Visibility) has been working hard to make it possible for
OSGeo projects to get as much exposure as possible. This conference is just
the beginning. You can see some of our discussions on the Visibility mailing
list archives:
https://visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org/servlets/SummarizeList?listName=dev

One way we plan to promote is by having a set of brochures, one for each OSGeo
project, with a common look and feel. We want to have a brochure that
describes GRASS GIS, so we can distribute it as pamphlets at the conference.
These will be good to have on file for other events too.

What we need:
-2 or 3 graphics, screenshots or images that represent your project
-100-150 words describing the project
-5-10 bullets listing the 'core features' of your project
-the main URL your project uses

We will put your info into our template and then let you review it to make
sure it is something you can be proud of.

If you already have documents or brochures showing the required information,
please direct me to it and note whether or not I have permission to modify or
copy from it.

When you have the information collected, please have someone forward it
directly to me (I won't necessarily be following any mailing list
discussions). If you could have a single individual volunteer to communicate
directly with me, that would help.

Please have the information to me by Monday, May 22nd but sooner if possible.
We have a lot going on, so it would be nice to have it as soon as possible.

If you are planning to be at the event and would like to help run a booth or
help with OSGeo events, please let us know.  We're excited to see that GRASS
has a prominent place on the Where 2.0 agenda already, with Dylan Beaudette's
presentation:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/where2006/view/e_spkr/2798

Looking forward to working with you,
Tyler