[GRASS-user] g-ps.map

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Wed May 17 13:44:11 EDT 2006

GRASS developers and users,
a month ago, when I was learing python, I tryed to write small
application, which should be able to produce configuration file for
ps.map. I called it G-ps.map.

The application is written in python, using pyGTK and Glade2.

Not all the instructions for ps.map are yet implemented. Not everything
works, how I would imagine. But I hope, one (you) can imaganine, how it
would look like and what it should do. I thing, if there would be
prepared set of templates, which could be only imported, one could
produce GRASS maps faster then ever.

Are there some voluteers, who would like to help with the development?
Lot's of work has to be done. I'm working on some other project now, so
if somebody would help, it would be good.

While QGIS's Print tool is well for single map production, I thing that ps.map
can be very well used for batch map production. This tool should siplify
the generation of the conf. file. What do you thing? Could this tool be
some time handy?

    http://les-ejk.cz/?cat=gpsmap

The code is like from python beginner - do not hurt me, please.

Jachym
--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz