[GRASS-user] r.drain with fuzzy output

Colin Nielsen colin.nielsen at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed May 17 14:17:51 EDT 2006

I have been working with least cost paths and have realized that a
single line output (from r.drain) is often unrealistic in terms of
developing a path. To allow for error, unknowns, etc. it would be nice
to be able to produce a "fuzzy" output that gives a raster layer with
the a range of possibilities and how likely each was. It would look
something like a buffered path but would be able to incorporate
entirely new paths that were less likely. I'm thinking that part of
the input to r.drain could have a flag for fuzzy paths, then an amount
of uncertainty to incorporate in terms of a percent (eg. +/- 5%).

I would code this if I was capable but I'm really not. How hard would
this be to do? Does anyone want to try?

-Colin

Ps. Let me know if this should be on grass-dev instead.