[GRASS-user] Installing Fedora Core 5 binaries with yum

Joseph Kanney joseph_kanney at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 13:44:35 EDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I'm having some difficulties installing the GRASS FC5 rpm files using the yum application.  I'm new to both yum and GRASS, so I'm not certain if this is a problem with yum or the GRASS rpm files.

I'm pretty certain that I can't use the GRASS website as a yum repository, so I've downloaded the rpms to my machine. When I try to do a "local install" using yum, it seems to figure out all the dependencies correctly, but then complains that several of the rpm files are "not signed", and stops.  Anyone else encountered this situation? Have a suggestion/fix?

I know I can always compile from source, but if the rpm's work, I's like to go that route.

Thanks!

-- Joe Kanney